Top 5 Ways To Avoid Plumbing Clogs In Your Home
Although it's a good idea to have a professional plumber lined up in the event of an emergency, the goal is to limit the number of times you have to call them in for service. Although it's fun to update and upgrade plumbing fixtures, it's less rewarding to need to call in a plumbing expert for emergency repairs.
It's probably not much of a surprise to learn that slow or clogged drains are among the most common service request calls most residential plumbers receive. Ironically, it also happens to be one of the easiest problems to avoid - if you know how. That doesn't mean you'll never run into an issue with your drains, but you can reduce the frequency you need to call in a plumber for this type of service.
Preventing Plumbing Problems
If you'd like to stop running into slow or clogged drains that cause big messes, here are some vital tips to use:
- Dispose of grease in some way other than pouring it down the drain. Even a small amount of grease can cause a large problem.
- Deal with recurring problems. Hire a plumber for a long-term solution instead of a temporary fix.
- Get regular drain and pipe cleaning done professionally. Prevent buildup from happening in the first place.
- Don't let anything go in our toilet other than organic waste and appropriate paper products. Don't use your toilet as a trash can.
- Learn what should and shouldn't end up in your garbage disposal. Too many homeowners cause damage to their disposal and drains by overusing this appliance.
Hire The Company That Cares
At Lee Brothers Contracting, we offer drain cleaning services for:
- Bathtubs & Showers
- Laundry Rooms
We're here to help educate our customers about how to better use their plumbing and avoid emergencies. However, we're also there when you need us for emergency repairs.
If your drain is slow or clogged, now is the time to give us a call. Contact us immediately, and let us show you in person why we're the preferred plumber in the Baltimore area.